10. Because there’s a little “Huck Finn” in all of us. You NEED some place where you can take your shoes off and enjoy the experience of dangling your toes in the water while watching colorful fish frolic around you and lush aquatic plants flourish even in the hottest of weather.
9. Because you DESERVE to come home at the end of every busy work day and relax both your mind and body by stepping outside, popping a top, and kicking your feet up. Ahhhh….., you can say as you admire the aquatic plants, feed your pet Koi, or just watch the water flow.
8. Because you need some low-tech relief in your high-tech life. TV stimulates your mind continuously, and you NEED to give your brain some free-play time. Watching a pond or stream allows your mind to wander, meditate, and/or truly escape for awhile.
7. Because you would just LOVE to be able to look out your window and see beautiful birds and interesting critters, your spirits buoyed by the fact that you’ve chosen a truly GREEN landscape choice that draws nature to YOU. You will enjoy seeing native and migratory birds, as well as quail families, etc,. enjoying the healthy, organic water that you have provided.
6. Because water speaks to all of us. Human beings are made up of mostly water, which is why we subconsciously recognize the language of water. Now you NEED to just listen as the water trickles over rocks and chatters along the stream.
5. Because you DESERVE to look forward to coming home every day after work, and enjoying being home on your days off. Imagine the anticipation of walking through the door, getting comfortable, popping a top or pouring an ice tea, and plopping down in your favorite chair next to a water feature that looks like nature graced the property before you built your home there.
4. Because your home NEEDS to be your sanctuary, your haven, your respite from all the things that are constantly vying for your attention. A waterfall, pond or stream begs to provide you with that atmosphere.
3. Because a good night’s sleep is enhanced by the natural sound of water, and you NEED a good night’s sleep. Imagine moseying off to bed after even just a few minutes of quiet contemplation time next to your pond or stream., or having the window open and sleeping to the sound of a babbling brook.
2. Because you NEED something in your life that gives more than it takes, and a properly built water feature takes so little upkeep, but provides infinite hours of enjoyment with lush plants, playful Koi, and just the sound and look of flowing water.
AND THE NUMBER ONE REASON YOU NEED A POND IS...
1. Because it FEEDS the SOUL. You need to take time to be a human-being instead of a human-doing! A pond or stream implores you to lose yourself for even just a little while and replenish your spirit.
OTHER POSTS YOU MIGHT ENJOY:
5 BASIC FENG SHUI PRINCIPLES FOR WATER FEATURES
PROMOTING WELLNESS THROUGH LANDSCAPE DESIGN
10 COMMON POND MYTHS DEBUNKED
Comments are closed.